Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Short Julien Update

I want to thank everyone for the kind emails, comments, cards and gifts, I promise thank you notes will be arriving shortly! My mom just left after two weeks visiting with us. We had a lovely time although she didn't get to see much of Paris.

I have been busy with Julien and getting used to being a mother. Julien is a delightful baby, he only fusses when he is hungry and between 6:00 and 8:00 PM. We originally tried to put him to bed at 6:00 but it works much better to let stay up with us until his last feeding around 8:30. Also this way Josh gets to see him when he gets home from work.

Josh takes the early shift from 9:00-12:00 which is often the most difficult because we have to get him settled in his bed. Josh then gets to sleep the rest of the night so he is fairly well rested for work. I take from midnight on which means I usually wake up to feed him at 2:00 and 6:00 AM. Julien and I go back to sleep until 9 AM so I am getting plenty of sleep. Of course there are some nights that don't go according to plan and we are all exhausted the next day.

We have taken Julien out a few times now, he had a fun day in Paris with my mom, Josh and me. I even managed to feed him in a cafe which took some slick maneuvering with a cardigan and a blanket but it worked well. We also took him shoe shopping (for Josh, Julien isn't wearing shoes yet) and to champagne both with great success. We are very happy we can still get out and do things with a new little baby.

I don't have much to write about other than the baby. I am taking care of him, cleaning the house, grocery shopping and trying to get to the park for some exercise. Somehow my days are flying by just with those limited things. I haven't read the news or turned on the TV since getting home!

I have to go the baby wants to eat. I will try to write more soon and also answer some emails.. I am sorry to be such a slacker!

No comments: