Monday, July 2, 2007

Back from Suisse!


Hi all of you non-existent-yet readers!

We got back from Switzerland on Thursday night, we had a great trip. We spent about two weeks in a very nice valley in the Appenzell area - about 5km from the town of Appenzell itself. We had a really nice apartment with a kitchen, two bedrooms, nice porch/TV room etc. The weather was a bit cloudy and rainy but we had a few sunny days. Now if I can just figure out how to do the pictures..





Okay that worked! So that's me and my parents before we went on a hike. Gena, being I dunno 8 months pregnant didn't hike at all, so we had to leave her this day to her books and TV..







There she is! Looking good, huh? The baby is kicking, turning, punching, wedging feet/elbows/hands/whatever into strange places, all around making himself known!






One day I hiked to the top of the highest mountain around, Säntis (2504m = 8215ft). By the time I was at the top I was in the middle of a blizzard, wearing shorts and a thin rain coat. I kept moving though, and aside from my hands everything else was pretty warm from the effort.

Other highlights include the wellness center in Weisbad (massages, pool, facial/pedicures for the ladies), fantastic food everywhere we went, a beautiful day in Zurich, and lots of fun scrabble games! Here are some other pictures:

More landscapes and the like on Flickr (Parisexpat).

No comments: