Thursday, January 24, 2008

Exciting News

Josh and I found out on Friday we are coming home earlier than expected. We are really excited to return back to the US after three and a half years but we are also somewhat stressed by the change of plans. We had planned to return by June 1 so now we are rushing around like crazy trying to secure movers and sell our apartment.

The good news is we were able to list our apartment in one day, luckily we had already started the process and only needed to pick a realator. We have had four visits this week and I am expecting two more today. We are praying it will sell quickly as there is a three month wait between selling and exchanging the money. We are going to have to get somewhat creative with our finances to deal with the three month wait but everything has a way of working out, at least that is what I tell myself when I lay awake at night worrying!

We have created a crazy spread sheet with all the houses we are considering in the Pennsylvania. Right now we have narrowed our list down to 65 which we have broken down into three groups, most see, maybe see and safety houses. My first priority is location, I figure we can also do upgrades in the future but we can't move the house. I am partial to Malvern but there are some nice houses in Exton which is really great for Josh's commute. We also have to keep an eye on taxes which can be ridiculous in Downingtown school district.

We are headed home February 6 for one week to look for a house. If we don't find something we love we have another week planned to return and look more in March. The March trip is when we will bring the cats and Julien and I plan to stay for good. It is crazy to think we only have seven more weeks in Paris. I am a little sad but we had a good run for almost four years, it is time to come home.

Please email me if you want to get together while we are home in February. It seems a lot less urgent now because we will be back for good soon enough but we are around if anyone is free.

Sorry for the lack of pictures Josh has been traveling a lot and I don't actually know how to upload them. I think we might be able to get something posted this weekend.

No comments: